Connect with us

General News

Ex-DOE official David Hay pleads guilty to child pornography charge

mm

Published

on

Ex-DOE official David Hay pleads guilty to child pornography charge

A former top Department of Education official pleaded guilty to a federal child pornography charge in Wisconsin on Tuesday.

David Hay, who was most recently the deputy chief of staff to Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza, swapped sexually explicit emails with a 15-year-old boy while employed as the principal of a Wisconsin high school in May 2010, according to prosecutors.

Hay was canned from the DOE after his Dec. 2019 arrest at Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport for attempting to lure a 14-year-old to a local hotel room with a hot tub for sex.

The disgraced educator was busted after months of messaging a cop he believed was a teen he’d be meeting up with named “Colton.”

After that arrest, the charges of which were eventually dropped, police discovered years-old photos of a naked student on Hay’s cell phone, leading to the additional child pornography charge, prosecutors have said.

Officials have admitted that Hay was never fully vetted by the city’s Department of Investigation and blamed the failure on a massive backlog of 6,000 background checks that have plagued the office for years.

The DOE conducted two checks of Hay in 2016 and 2018. However, the DOE check is limited to just fingerprinting and criminal database searches and did not turn up any red flags.

Hay was making $168,000 annually at the time of his arrest. Carranza recently replaced Hay with Gabrielle Ramos, who’s pulling in $181,750 a year.

At his Dec. 18 sentencing in Green Bay, Hay faces a minimum of five years in prison and up to 20 years behind bars.

mm

Devon is a fitness enthusiast who loves playing Golf in his free time. He keeps in touch with the Golf events happening all around the world and jots down fine news pieces for the website.

Devon is a fitness enthusiast who loves playing Golf in his free time. He keeps in touch with the Golf events happening all around the world and jots down fine news pieces for the website.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

General News

Missing NJ man’s body recovered from deep underwater in Lake Tahoe

mm

Published

on

Missing NJ man's body recovered from deep underwater in Lake Tahoe

A New Jersey man’s body was pulled from 1,565 feet underwater after he drowned in Lake Tahoe, Nevada — the deepest known recovery in US history, authorities said.

The remains of 29-year-old Ryan Normoyle were recovered Monday from the lake, which is the second-deepest in the nation, according to the South Lake Tahoe Police Department.

Police said Normoyle drowned last month after he recorded himself jumping off his rented boat then was unable to swim fast enough to catch up with the vessel, which he left in gear.

The empty boat washed ashore in Glenbrook on Aug. 10, and several days of searches were unsuccessful.

His family later sought the help of a nonprofit organization that specializes in underwater body recoveries.

Authorities used GPS coordinates collected from his phone to find him.

Keith Cormican, founder of search and recovery organization Bruce’s Legacy, told news station FOX11 that it was the deepest recorded recovery in the US and Canada.

The second-deepest mission was also in Lake Tahoe, when a body was found in 2018 at a depth of 1,062 feet, the outlet said.

The lake, which straddles the border of California, has a maximum depth of 1,645 feet.

With Post wires

mm

Devon is a fitness enthusiast who loves playing Golf in his free time. He keeps in touch with the Golf events happening all around the world and jots down fine news pieces for the website.

Continue Reading

General News

Clare Bronfman may have liver disorder as Nxivm sentence looms

mm

Published

on

Clare Bronfman may have liver disorder as Nxivm sentence looms

Seagram heiress and Nxivm acolyte Clare Bronfman may have a serious liver disorder, her lawyers revealed in a filing Monday on the eve of her sentencing.

Attorney Duncan Levin submitted Bronfman’s medical records under seal in Brooklyn federal court along with a letter disclosing the mystery condition.

“Just four days ago, she was diagnosed by her doctor with a possibly serious liver ailment,” wrote Levin. “Her alanine aminotransferase (ALT) is at a level that is twice what her doctor would like and expect to see.”

Elevated ALT can indicate a damaged liver, often from hepatitis and cirrhosis, according to webmd.com.

The letter states that Bronfman has a follow-up appointment scheduled with her doctor.

“This puts Clare at heightened health risk, given the status of the pandemic in the New York area,” Duncan wrote.

The attorney, however, didn’t make a specific request along with the notification.

Bronfman, who used her $210 million family fortune to help finance the upstate cult, is still scheduled to be sentenced Wednesday, and could get up to five years in prison.

The longtime Nxivm executive pleaded guilty last August to conspiracy to conceal and harbor illegal aliens for financial gain and fraudulent use of identification.

Bronfman has remained loyal to the group’s leader, self-styled guru Keith Raniere — who was convicted of a slew of charges for running a secret sex-slave group within Nxivm, in which women were starved, branded with his initials and forced to have sex with him.

She has insisted she didn’t know anything about that group, but her lawyers have said she “stands by both the organization and Mr. Raniere for the tremendous good they did for thousands of people.”

Her attorneys have argued for a sentence of no more than three years’ probation.

The estranged daughter of late Canadian billionaire Edgar Bronfman Sr. has been on home detention in a luxury Manhattan apartment — secured by a $100 million bond.

mm

Devon is a fitness enthusiast who loves playing Golf in his free time. He keeps in touch with the Golf events happening all around the world and jots down fine news pieces for the website.

Continue Reading

General News

Woman charged in alleged kidnap attempt of Joe Montana’s granddaughter

mm

Published

on

Woman charged in alleged kidnap attempt of Joe Montana's granddaughter

The woman accused of trying to snatch NFL legend Joe Montana’s granddaughter from his California home was hit with felony attempted kidnapping and burglary charges Tuesday.

Sodsai Predpring Dalzell, 39, was arraigned in a Van Nuys courtroom and ordered held on $200,000 bail, CBS-TV in Los Angeles reported.

Montana, 64, helped foil the kidnap attempt on Saturday when Dalzell allegedly walked into his Malibu home and grabbed his sleeping 9-month-old granddaughter from her playpen shortly before 5 p.m.

The retired San Francisco 49ers star and his wife, Jennifer, confronted the kidnapper, and Montana was able to pry the baby away after a tussle.

Montana ran outside and flagged down an LA County sheriff’s deputy, who found Dalzell nearby and arrested her.

“Thank you to everyone who has reached out,” the NFL Hall of Famer wrote on Twitter Sunday. “Scary situation, but thankful that everybody is doing well. We appreciate respect for our privacy at this time.”

Dalzell faces up to six years in prison if convicted of the burglary charge, and 11 years on the attempted kidnapping charge, TMZ reported Tuesday.

mm

Devon is a fitness enthusiast who loves playing Golf in his free time. He keeps in touch with the Golf events happening all around the world and jots down fine news pieces for the website.

Continue Reading

Trending