Connect with us

General News

Ghislaine Maxwell sued by Epstein accuser over trafficking allegations

mm

Published

on

Ghislaine Maxwell sued by Epstein accuser over trafficking allegations

Jeffrey Epstein accuser Jennifer Araoz sued Ghislaine Maxwell on Monday for helping the dead pedophile recruit her as a sex slave at the age of 14.

The lawsuit filed in a Manhattan Supreme court, under the Child Victims Act, alleges that Maxwell used Epstein’s wealth and power as a method to recruit her and other female victims.

“Ms. Maxwell fulfilled Epstein’s compulsive need for sex with young females by preying on their personal, psychological, financial, and related vulnerabilities,” states Araoz in the court papers.

The 32-year-old alleges that Maxwell provided “organizational support to Epstein’s sex trafficking ring, identifying and hiring the recruiters of underage girls for Epstein’s sexual pleasure.”

Jennifer Araoz leaves court.
Jennifer Araoz (center) leaves court today.Gregory P. Mango

Maxwell also scheduled “massage” appointments for Epstein with the girls.

As a result of Maxwell conspiring with Epstein, Araoz claims she has suffered from: “physical injury, pain, emotional distress, psychological trauma, mental anguish, humiliation, embarrassment, loss of self-esteem, loss of dignity, invasion of her privacy and a loss of her capacity to enjoy life.”

Araoz had been the first person to sue Epstein’s estate under New York’s Child Victims Act, in July 2019 –which was eventually tossed out after he died.

In August 2019, she sued Epstein’s estate, Maxwell, and three unnamed female household staff members. The lawsuit is still active.

“I am once again able to take another breath as Ghislaine Maxwell will be in jail until at least her trial date next July,” Aroaz said after she was denied bail.

“Knowing that she is incarcerated for the foreseeable future allows me, and my fellow survivors, to have faith that we are on the right path.”

Lawyers for Araoz did not immediately return requests for comment.

mm

Devon is a fitness enthusiast who loves playing Golf in his free time. He keeps in touch with the Golf events happening all around the world and jots down fine news pieces for the website.

Devon is a fitness enthusiast who loves playing Golf in his free time. He keeps in touch with the Golf events happening all around the world and jots down fine news pieces for the website.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

General News

CT man facing charges for killing bear to protect his dog

mm

Published

on

CT man facing charges for killing bear to protect his dog

A Connecticut man is facing charges for fatally shooting a bear to protect his pooch, state officials said.

William O’Connor, 26, was issued a summons Tuesday after gunning down the female black bear when his dog ran toward the animal and her cubs near the property line of his residence in Thomaston, the Connecticut Post reports.

“The dog started barking and the mother bear treed her two cubs,” said Will Healey, a spokesman for the state’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. “The bear stood her ground and started making loud noises, believing her cubs were threatened.”

That prompted O’Connor to grab a .22-caliber long rifle and open fire in the bear’s direction, Healey said.

The gunfire hit the bear, which scurried away about 30 yards onto another property before collapsing, Healey said.

A necropsy found the bear died from a liver wound, the Republican American reports.

O’Connor was issued a summons for illegal taking of a black bear, which is punishable by fines up to $500 and a maximum of 30 days in jail, the Hartford Courant reports.

State officials estimate there are about 800 black bears roaming throughout Connecticut, where lawmakers have debated how to control the growing population, including whether or not bear hunts should be allowed in Litchfield County to reduce the numbers, the newspaper reports.

If unchecked, state officials have said that population could ultimately surge to 3,000 since black bears have no natural predators.

Black bears have entered a record 42 Connecticut homes this year, doubling the mark of 21 from two years ago and up from just 7 in 2015, the Courant reports.

The animals are especially active during the fall, Healey said.

“Bears are out and about stocking up on fuel for winter hibernation,” he told the Connecticut Post.

O’Connor’s dog, meanwhile, was not hurt and the bear’s two young cubs appeared healthy enough to survive on their own, officials said.

mm

Devon is a fitness enthusiast who loves playing Golf in his free time. He keeps in touch with the Golf events happening all around the world and jots down fine news pieces for the website.

Continue Reading

General News

US senators, citing Uighurs, urge Netflix to drop planned Chinese sci-fi series

mm

Published

on

US senators, citing Uighurs, urge Netflix to drop planned Chinese sci-fi series

LOS ANGELES – Five Republican US senators have urged Netflix to reconsider plans to adapt a Chinese science-fiction book trilogy into a TV series because they said the author has defended the Chinese government’s treatment of Uighur Muslims.

“The Three-Body Problem” and two sequels were written by Chinese author Liu Cixin. Netflix announced earlier this month that it was turning the books into a live-action, English-language TV series led by D.B Weiss and David Benioff, the creators of HBO megahit “Game of Thrones.” Liu serves as a consulting producer on the project.

In a letter to Netflix, the senators pointed to comments by Liu to the New Yorker magazine in 2019 about China’s clampdown on ethnic Uighurs and other Muslims in the Xinjiang region.

“If anything, the government is helping their economy and trying to lift them out of poverty,” Liu said. “If you were to loosen up the country a bit, the consequences would be terrifying.”

Liu Cixin.
Liu Cixin.Getty Images

The United States and human rights groups have criticized China’s treatment of the Uighurs. China’s foreign ministry has repeatedly denied the existence of internment camps in Xinjiang, calling the facilities vocational and educational institutions and accusing what it calls anti-China forces of smearing its Xinjiang policy.

Walt Disney Co DIS.N was criticized by US lawmakers recently for filming parts of “Mulan” in Xinjiang.

In the letter to Netflix, senators led by Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee said the company’s decision to adapt Liu’s work amounted to “normalization” of the Chinese government’s “crimes.”

“In the face of such atrocities in (Xinjiang), there no longer exist corporate decisions of complacency, only complicity,” they wrote.

A woman visits an immersive digital exhibition with the theme of Chinese sci-fi novel 'The Three-Body Problem’ in Chongqing, China.
A woman visits an immersive digital exhibition with the theme of Chinese sci-fi novel ‘The Three-Body Problem’ in Chongqing, China.Getty Images

The senators asked Netflix to “seriously reconsider the implications of providing a platform to Mr. Liu in producing this project.”

Netflix had no immediate comment.

The Netflix streaming service is available in more than 190 countries but does not operate in China.

mm

Devon is a fitness enthusiast who loves playing Golf in his free time. He keeps in touch with the Golf events happening all around the world and jots down fine news pieces for the website.

Continue Reading

General News

NYC dad who shielded kids in dealership shootout loses jobs

mm

Published

on

NYC dad who shielded kids in dealership shootout loses jobs

The heroic Bronx dad who was wounded as he shielded his three small children from gunfire at a Bronx car dealership this week lost his jobs because of the injury, according to a fundraising page launched by a friend.

Anthony Jefferson, 39, visited the used-car business on Boston Road in Eastchester around 7:30 p.m. Monday to look for a car to surprise the mother of his kids, Danica Jefferson, on her upcoming birthday.

Instead of leaving with a car, Jefferson found himself in the midst of a shootout — and was shot himself as he covered his children with his body to protect them from the bullets.

“Due to his injury, Anthony lost his job and has to have surgery to remove the bullet,” Serena Wingate, a close friend of Jefferson, posted on a GoFundMe page. “This Go Fund me is to help this heroic dad with his medical bills and his kids with therapy. They are beyond traumatized.”

Anthony lost both of his jobs — one as a head painter at a maintenance company and another as a construction worker, Danica Jefferson told TMZ, declining to name the companies.

Anthony Jefferson protecting his children during a shoot-out at a car dealership in the Bronx.
Anthony Jefferson protecting his children during a shoot-out at a car dealership in the Bronx.

The page has raised $12,100 raised of its $24,100 goal.

mm

Devon is a fitness enthusiast who loves playing Golf in his free time. He keeps in touch with the Golf events happening all around the world and jots down fine news pieces for the website.

Continue Reading

Trending