On the one hand, it seems a bit excessive to have a glowing post on Christopher Morel’s latest accomplishment every single day, but on the other hand, HE KEEPS DOING IT. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO BUT FAWN?!?!
So let’s just keep fawning …
- Christopher Morel’s latest homer was his 9th in 12 games to start his season, which is QUITE rare:
- As far as team history goes, hitting 9 homers in ANY 12-game stretch is quite rare:
- And his five straight games with a homer ties a team record with some guy you might recognize from a season you might remember:
- One more for the history books, though this one is more of an oddity than anything else:
- Morel’s 9th homer – in TWELVE GAMES – has him tied for 35th in baseball with, among others, Paul Goldschmidt, Freddie Freeman, Juan Soto, JD Martinez, and Nolan Arenado.
- Among players with at least 50 PAs, Christopher Morel’s 265 wRC+ leads baseball … BY 77 POINTS.
- Christopher Morel is slugging .980. There are only 8 other players WITH AN OPS OVER .980.
- David Ross is near speechless:
- Stray thoughts on Morel playing time while I was mulling it this morning: