Connect with us

Sports News

WATCH: Israel Adesanya Gets Candid With Nigerian Singer Burna Boy Amidst Preparation for UFC 253

mm

Published

on

WATCH: Israel Adesanya Gets Candid With Nigerian Singer Burna Boy Amidst Preparation for UFC 253

Israel Adesanya is currently preparing for his UFC 253 headliner against Paulo Costa. The Nigerian-born Kiwi took out some time from his schedule and had a candid conversation with singer and songwriter Burna Boy. The two `touched upon a variety of topics such as Adesanya’s training, Burna Boy’s new album, and the omnipresent COVID-19 pandemic.

Adesanya was in a car having a video call with the music star. Pulse Nigeria has uploaded a video of the conversation between the two.

“The Last Stylebender” started off by congratulating Burna Boy for his latest music album Twice as Tall. The UFC middleweight kingpin also added that the song Wetin Dey Sup is the one that he is listening to on loop right now.

“Congrats on the new album. The one on loop right now is Wettin Dey Sup. That’s the track right now, bruh,” Adesanya said.

That’s the one for us,” Burna Boy replied.

The singer then proceeded to ask Adesanya about how everything is going on in his life right now. “Everything good. I just finished my first training and now I am off to my next one. But Friday I only have two,” Adesanya replied.

Burna Boy then asked how many times Adesanya trains in a day. The fighter out of City Kickboxing Gym in New Zealand replied that the number may lie anywhere between two to four.

Israel Adesanya says he could have been Chris Brown if he would’ve sung better

It seems that the UFC middleweight champ had done his research before the conversation. He said that his manager told him that Burna Boy was also into boxing. In fact, had he not been a musician, he could’ve been a fighter.

“Yeah most definitely. I used to do boxing. A little bit,” the singer replied.

The topic of alternate career paths led to Adesanya revealing what he could’ve been had he not taken his current path in life. His love for dance is something that most of his fans are aware of. Not to forget, his entrance dance performance in front of a sold-out Melbourne crowd right before his fight with Robert Whittaker.

While Adesanya has the spark of a dancer, at the same time, he just couldn’t sing.

“Yeah, same. For me, dancing was my thing but I didn’t sing well. If I could’ve sung well, I would’ve been Chris Brown,” he added.

Burna Boy then invited Adesanya to Nigeria. The latter told him that he was planning a visit. However, all those plans went out the window because of the coronavirus. While the singer accepted that the situation isn’t in our control, he still asked Adesanya to visit Nigeria during Christmas.

Continue the conversation on the app, join other MMA fans on MMA Fans App

mm

Christine founded Sports Grind Entertainment with an aim to bring relevant and unaltered Sports news to the general public with a specific view point for each story catered by the team. She is a proficient journalist who holds a reputable portfolio with proficiency in content analysis and research.

Christine founded Sports Grind Entertainment with an aim to bring relevant and unaltered Sports news to the general public with a specific view point for each story catered by the team. She is a proficient journalist who holds a reputable portfolio with proficiency in content analysis and research.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports News

Serena Williams barred from staying at Paris flat for French Open

mm

Published

on

Serena Williams barred from staying at Paris flat for French Open

The French Open is shaping up to be a vastly different experience for Serena Williams.

Earlier this month, it was announced a limited number of fans would be able to attend the tournament, currently underway with qualifying at Roland Garros in Paris, and that participating players will have to stay at one of two hotels booked by owners. Williams, who has pre-existing medical conditions, will be unable to stay at her Paris apartment given it’s outside the tournament’s bubble.

“We cannot speak about Roland Garros as a bubble. But it’s a ‘corridor’ where the players are protected,” Bernard Giudicelli, the French Tennis Federation president, recently said on the “Rock n Roll Tennis” podcast, according to The Sun.

“But even French players who own flats, we have told them you cannot be in your own houses,” he continued. “If you are, then we multiply the risks to get COVID-19.”

As of Thursday, there has been a total of 468,039 cases reported in France, according to the New York Times, and 31,416 deaths.

For this month’s US Open, Williams rented a home on Long Island in lieu of the player hotels. She previously addressed the French Open protocols, noting she had been hoping to stay at her Parisian flat.

“Yeah, I was hoping to stay at my apartment in Paris, but, you know, I’m just taking it a day at a time,” Williams said, according to Forbes. “I feel the French, they are doing the best that they can. You know, it’s hard. Every organization, every country is trying to do the best that they can in this pandemic, so I can’t point fingers and tell them what to do, because I’m not running the tournament.”

Williams, who experienced health complications following the 2017 birth of daughter Olympia, preferred private living quarters for the US Open due to her medical history.

“In a house, I can control more, there’s no housekeeping [staff], none of that stuff. I needed to put my mind at rest so that I could perform in New York,” she said.

Williams fell to Victoria Azarenka in the semifinals of this year’s US Open. She appeared to hurt her Achilles late in that match and withdrew from last week’s Italian Open.

mm

Christine founded Sports Grind Entertainment with an aim to bring relevant and unaltered Sports news to the general public with a specific view point for each story catered by the team. She is a proficient journalist who holds a reputable portfolio with proficiency in content analysis and research.

Continue Reading

Sports News

Full list of 2020 college football games canceled or postponed by COVID-19

mm

Published

on

Full list of 2020 college football games canceled or postponed by COVID-19

The 2020 college football season continues amid the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.  

A total of 91 of the 130 FBS teams are scheduled to play college football in 2020, and more could be coming if the Pac-12, Mountain West Conference and Mid-American Conference join the season. Among the other Power 5 conferences, the ACC and Big 12 are in action, the SEC starts this weekend and the Big Ten will join the season on Oct. 24.  

The schedule, however, remains subject to change. The college football season has seen a handful of postponements and cancellations every week so far heading into Week 4. that will continue to be a logistical challenge for conferences as the season presses on into October.  

To date, Oklahoma State-Tulsa is the only game that was rescheduled and played. Oklahoma State beat Tulsa 16-7 in a game that was originally scheduled for Sept. 12.  

Here is a list of games that have been postponed, rescheduled or canceled since the 2020 college football season because of COVID-19 (rescheduled game dates in parentheses).

Week 1

  • ULM at Troy (rescheduled for Dec. 5)  

Week 2 

  • SMU at TCU  
  • Marshall at East Carolina 
  • N.C. State at Virginia Tech (Sept. 26)  
  • Tulsa at Oklahoma State (Oklahoma State won 16-7 on Sept. 19)   
  • Louisiana Tech at Baylor 

Week 3

  • Virginia at Virginia Tech (Dec. 12)  
  • Charlotte at North Carolina (Canceled)   
  • BYU at Army  
  • Houston at Memphis  
  • Houston at Baylor  
  • FAU at Georgia Southern  
  • Central Arkansas at Arkansas State (Oct. 10)  

Week 4 

  • Notre Dame at Wake Forest (Dec. 12)  
  • Memphis at UTSA (Canceled)  
  • Tulsa at Arkansas State 
  • South Florida at FAU  
  • North Texas at Houston  
  • Temple at Navy (Oct. 10)  

Week 5

Week 6 (Oct. 10)  

 

mm

Christine founded Sports Grind Entertainment with an aim to bring relevant and unaltered Sports news to the general public with a specific view point for each story catered by the team. She is a proficient journalist who holds a reputable portfolio with proficiency in content analysis and research.

Continue Reading

Sports News

Robert Kraft’s Sex-for-cash case dropped by prosecutors

mm

Published

on

Robert Kraft's Sex-for-cash case dropped by prosecutors

The sex-for-cash case against New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft has been dropped, Florida court documents confirm.

The documents, filed in Palm Beach County, include notices from prosecutors stating they are not willing to move forward with the two misdemeanor soliciting prostitution charges against him, NBC News reports.

Dave Aronberg, the county’s State Attorney, has scheduled a press conference on the case for 2:30 p.m.

Prosecutors had first tipped their hand on Monday, when they said they would not challenge an appeals court ruling that had significantly weakened their case by banning them from using secretly-obtained incriminating surveillance video.

The appeals court ruling found that the surveillance video — which allegedly showed him paying for sex acts at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa in Jupiter, violated Kraft’s right to privacy.

mm

Christine founded Sports Grind Entertainment with an aim to bring relevant and unaltered Sports news to the general public with a specific view point for each story catered by the team. She is a proficient journalist who holds a reputable portfolio with proficiency in content analysis and research.

Continue Reading

Trending